House of Hope - Girls Home TZ
Peter & Mary Street – TANZANIA GIRLS HOME PROJECT
The vision for the girls’ home “HOUSE OF HOPE” is to raise up a home for “Accepted” girls that others have orphaned/abandoned, or abused physically and sexually, as well as the disabled and unwanted, and those who have been forced into prostitution or sexually trafficked.
The girls’ home will be a home that focuses on providing a family atmosphere. It is our heart’s desire to give these young girls a place to call home; not just an institution to keep them alive, but a home to help them and teach them life skills and how valuable they are to the One who created them, their Father in Heaven. Our aim is to give them a home to mentor them and teach them of God’s great love for them. We will provide a safe and loving environment for disad-vantaged young girls and we will provide basic needs like daily food, clothes, an education and, most importantly, love. We would also like to teach them a life skill for the future of their livelihood. Through the love of Christ, we will release hope into them and give them a future while teaching them that God has a plan for their life and that they are precious to Him.
Vision for these targeted young girls:
- 1. To provide them with a school education and job skills, so that they can be provided with an opportunity for future employment as they grow older.
- 2. To teach them basic life skills so that they will be given a chance to reintegrate back into a normal society.
- 3. To teach them through demonstration the love of God so that they will be healed inside out and grow confident and secure in who they are, knowing that they have a purpose in this world.
Description of the target group
Street girls: A street child is a child who may live on the street full-time or part-time. These young girls may have living relatives but for whatever reason are forced on the streets to beg for food and money or forced to perform sexual favors (FORCED PROSTITUTION) for food and money. Many times they are forced on the streets to provide income for the family or to provide income to support abusive habits like drugs and alcohol. Some street children are themselves, addicts. Young girls forced into this kind of life have no self esteem, little life skills, many times no education, are extremely bitter and full of anger, many are sexually abused, suffer with lifelong struggles of trust and healthy love, and many come from neglectful homes and suffer with lifelong social dysfunctions.
The primary causal factor driving children to the streets in Tanzania’s Kilimanjaro region is neglect and abuse of a verbal, physical, and sexual nature.
In the Kilimanjaro region alone, 30% of young girls in and out of our region are engaged in sex trade.
Unwanted disabled girls:A disabled child may be one with down-syndrome, some type of disease or physical disability that would cause their family to not want them for fear of them not being able to cohabitate in society. Many times in Tanzania a child of this nature is abused sexually within the family or tossed away because they are considered “NO GOOD”.
Orphaned/abandoned: Children given away or left by their parents
OUR AIM: To reach out to young girls (toddler-teenager) involved with prostitution, forced prostitution (sex-trafficking), abuse and disability.
WHAT WE HAVE ACCOMPLISHED TO DATE:
- 1. Bought land (1 Acre): $36,000
- 2. Built a fence: $5,000
- 3. Installed a security gate and wall: $1,500
- 4. Drilled and Cased a Bore Hole/ Water Well: $10,800
- 5. Laid and built the foundation to the first building: $9,000
- 6. Constructed the walls, columns, ring beam and ceiling of the first building: $15,000
- 7. Constructed the walls , columns, ring beam of the second floor : $10,000
- We are in need of labor cost and building materials to finish roofing our first building: $25,000
- We are in need of labor cost, building materials, and fittings such as toilets/sinks/electricity etc. to finish the inside construction of the first building: $30,000
- We are in need of first-time start-up costs for household appliances and furniture: $8,000
APPROXIMATE TOTAL COST OF GIRLS HOME PROJECT: $165,000
(this includes the estimated costs to construct the second building and the playground)
Once we have the money to buy materials to finish building, we will be able to bring mission-building teams from abroad to come and build and allow people to experience what God is doing in Tanzania.
We believe God’s Heart is for the children and people of Tanzania and we are excited about what He is doing. God has given us a mandate to reach out and be His hands, feet and voice to the children, youth, young adults and adults of this third-world country. WILL YOU HELP????
VISION CAST ON RAISING SUPPORT:
- 1. If we can find 165 people, churches or companies to give a 1 time gift of $1,000 dollars, then we’ve met our budget.
- 2. If we can find 330 people, churches or businesses to give a 1 time gift of $500 dollars, then we’ll have met our budget.
- 3. If we can find 660 people, companies or churches to give a 1 time gift of $250 dollars, then we’ll have met our budget.
- 4. If we can find just 1,320 people, companies or churches to partner with us and give a love gift of $125 dol-lars, then we’ll have met our budget.
- 5. If we can find just 3,300 people, companies or churches to partner with us and give a love gift of $50 dollars, then we’ll have met our budget.
OUR POINT . . . EVERYONE CAN DO SOMETHING! Even if it’s $10 or $20 dollars. God is into multiplication!
PLEASE PRAY AND ASK GOD HOW YOU CAN GIVE!!!!!
“If a man shuts his ears to the poor (widows, orphans, homeless, abused, broken families), he too will cry out and not be answered. A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor.”
~PROVERBS 21:13, 22:9~